1.5 cup long grained rice
1.5 cups grated raw mango
4 tbsp peanuts
Salt to taste
For Masala :
1.5 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp asafoetida powder
4 red chillies
1 green chilly
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup grated coconut
For Seasoning :
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dhal
1 tsp channa dhal
1 red chilli (cut into 4 pieces)
A few curry leaves
For Garnish :
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
1. Cook the rice and set it aside to cool.
2. Grind the ingredients for the masala to a fine paste, adding half the grated mango.
3. Heat 3 tbsp oil, add all the ingredients for seasoning.
4. When mustard seeds splutter, add the peanuts.
5. When the daals and peanuts turns golden, add the remaining grated mango.
6. Cook for a few minutes on a medium heat till the mango is done.
7. Add ground masala and cook till the raw smell disappears.
8. Remove from heat and set aside.
9. In the meantime, to the cool rice, stir in this cooked masala little by little, till the masala blends with the rice.
10. Garnish the mango rice with the finely chopped coriander leaves and it's ready to serve.
© Malini's Kitchen - Printed from www.infolanka.com/recipes