Serving Six Persons.
1. Three cup white (basmathi) rice. Wash and allow to soak for one hour.
2. 20 grams Leaks cut or shredded
3. 20 Grams carrots Grated on the large side.
4. 20 grams Purple or regular cabbage cut fine
5. 20 grams Beans frenched lengthwise
7. Two medium sized tomatoes chopped into 1/4" size pieces.
8. Two medium sized Onions chopped to 1/4" size pieces.
9. I Tea spoon full finely choped Ginger and Garlic.
10. 1/4 tea spoon full of tumaric powder, I tea spoon full of curry powder, two dried chillies broken up into small pieces. Salt, Pepper, and half of a lemon juice.
11. 500 grams of chopped lean pork. (Chicken, Lamb or Beef can be used for Muslims Patrons)
1. Plave water into cooking pot with rice making sure that the water is about Boil rice with sufficient water to cover rice 1/2" would do.
2. On medium high fire cook the pork and allow to fry then add on the Onions, broken up chillies, Tomatoes, Garlic, Ginger, Curry Powder, Tumaric, Beans, Salt to taste, lemon juice and allow to fry for 3 or 4 minutes.
3. Add on the remaining vegetables, stir & keep covered for a further 2 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to low and Mix in the cooked rice, keep covered for a further two or three minutes and serve hot. Papadam and a salad will compliment this dish.
© Malini's Kitchen - Printed from www.infolanka.com/recipes