500g chick peas
500g rice (basmathi)
3 big onions chopped
2 big tomatoes chopped
5 cloves of garlic crushed
1 inch of ginger crushed
1 tsp of cummin
pinch of chillie powder
pinch of curry powder
2 tbsp vegetable oil or ghee
Curry leaves & rampe
salt to taste
- Soak the chick-peas over night & bring it to boil.
- Heat the wok melt the ghee, saute the Ionians, garlic, ginger.
- add the tomatoes & the rest of the ingredients except chickpeas & mix well.
- after a while add the chick peas, washed rice, water & cook until the rice is tender.
- You can serve with a chicken or a mutton curry & a yogurt salad.
© Malini's Kitchen - Printed from www.infolanka.com/recipes