This is a simple, smooth and delicious soup. This soup is served hot.
2 tablespoons butter
1 heaped tablespoon flour
1/4 pint milk
1 1/2 pints chicken bouillon
1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
1 ripe avocado, halved, stoned and peeled
chopped parsley or snipped chives for garnish
(see measure conversions for more information)
- Melt the butter, stir in the flour and cook gently over a low heat for about 3 minutes, without browning.
- Remove from the heat and add the milk, beating.
- Gradually add the bouillon, stirring constantly, along with seasoning and green pepper.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mash the avocado flesh to a smooth cream.
- Blend some of the thickened stock with avocado and stir back into the pan.
- Simmer the soup for a few minutes but do not boil.
- Strain to remove the green pepper.
- Serve garnished with parsley or snipped chives.
This soup is ideal for cold rainy days, it will retain the heat in the body and make you feel like you had a complete meal. Enjoy! Brought to you by Nawaratne Restaurant.
© Malini's Kitchen - Printed from www.infolanka.com/recipes