- 1 kg. of peeled pumpkins without seeds - 20 small preserved onions. - 3 - 4 umbels of dill - 3 bay leafs
- 1 l. water - 500 ml. vinegar - 2 teaspoons of salt.
SUGAR PICKLE (Ingridients:)
- 400 gr. sugar. - 2 teaspoons of salt. - 5 dl. water. - 4 fresh peeled ginger. - juice from 1 lemon. - 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper powder. - 2 tablespoons of mustard seeds. - preservin spices which is - 60 dried chili peppers - 100 gr. of yellow mustard seeds - 50 black pepper corns - 50 white pepper corns
+ preserving fluid for the pickle and the glass(es).
HOW TO DO:
- Peel and spilt the pumpkin, and take out the seeds with a spoon. - Cut the pumpkun into 15 cm's long pieces. - Put the pumpkin pieces into a pot. - Put the bay leafes on the top. - Bring the Vinegar-pickle to boil. - Pour the still boiling Vinegar-pickle over the pumpkin, - and put the pumpkin pot a cool place for 24 - 36 hours. - Take up the pumpkin-pieces and the bay leafs from the pot and dry it carefully with a cloth piece. - Cut across the pumpkin-pieces into 2 - 3 cm's pieces. - Cut the ginger into 1 cm.'s pieces. - Mix the sugar-pickle spices, including the dill umbels, small onions, the ginger piecces & the preserving spices. - Bring the sugar-pickle to boil. - Scum the the foam of the pickle. - Put in the pumpkin and let the whole thing boil until the pumpkins are clear. - Take the casserole from the warm, and put a little preserving-fluid to the pickle. - Wash the glass(es) with the preserving-fluid. - Put the pumpkin-pickle to the glass and cover it with close-sitting cover.
- After a couple of days the pumpkin-pickle is ready to serve. - Very good to serve to all kinds of rice or vegetables.