2 c Heavy cream; well chilled
6 ea Egg
2 T Confectioner's sugar
2 T Creme de cacao
1 T Vanilla extract
1. Melt the chocolate over hot water. Let it cool until only warm.
2. While the chocolate cools, whip the cream until it forms medium-stiff peaks. Do not overbeat or the mousse will lose some of its smooth, light texture.
3. Separate 4 of the eggs and set the whites aside. Combine yolks with the 2 remaining whole eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until eggs are thick and lemon colored, around 5 minutes. While the yolks are beating, place the 4 egg whites in a clean copper or stainless steel bowl and whisk, preferably by hand, until the whites start to stiffen. Sprinkle on the confectioners' sugar and beat until you have firm peaks.
4. Working quickly, add the cooled melted chocolate and a scoop of the whipped cream to the egg yolks. Stir until smooth, then add the remaining cream. When it is fully
5. This mousse can be poured into small individual serving dishes or into 1 larger dessert dish. Chill at least 4 hours before serving. (Chilling it overnight intensifies
comments powered by Disqus
© Malini's Kitchen :: Sri Lanka Recipes