I love Sri Lankan food. One of my absolute favorite is Pol Sambol.
1 fresh coconut
1/2 red onion finely diced
1 tbsp of chili powder
1 coconut shaver
1. Crack the coconut in half and pour the juice into a glass.
You'll want to sip on the juice while you scrape the coconut;
its tough work if you're not used to it.
2. Shave both halves of the coconut into your bowl.
3. Make sure your red onion is finely diced and add it to
4. Add the chili powder.
5. Add the juice of 1 of the limes into the bowl.
6. Mix well. The sambol should be moist and reddish (from the
7. Add another half-limes worth of juice.
8. Mix a little more.
Pol Sambol could be served with every Lankan meal. It goes really
well with a little parripu and string hoppers. Make some up
and serve it to your american friends as a dip with potato
chips for a party. It's great stuff!
Print this recipe Email this recipe
© Malini's Kitchen :: Sri Lanka Recipes